What a weekend! Wednesday we got some sad news that my sister and brother-in-law's mother passed away. She had been sick and she loved Jesus, so we know she's having a blast now! I was excited that my in-laws came for a visit from Florida to attend the funeral. We haven't seen them since March and hadn't planned to see them again until after Christmas. They've been staying with us for the past few days - and for any of you newly weds, it's much easier to have guests in your home after you've been married for awhile! Below is a picture of all of my Brian's side of the family at the funeral.

In addition to getting to spend the weekend with my in-laws, my most oldest friend Jenny came for a visit. We took this same picture about 3 months ago when Emily had quite the baby belly. Now she's a mom. I still can't believe it. I haven't shared with her yet that I want to steal her baby. I love him. I love these girls too. I don't know what I'd do without them for every single life stage.

The weekend was topped off by a birthday dinner for my brother-in-law
Derin. He wanted to go to Texas.Roadhouse. This, by the way, is a terrible place to go if it is your birthday. I remember 2 years ago when we ate there for his birthday. I have been appalled ever since. The wait staff brings over a saddle, calls attention to you, makes you sit on the saddle and yell '
yee-haw'. You have to make a terrible fool out of yourself and you don't even get a free dessert. Seriously. It's awful. And yet, we went again and he mentioned to the waitress that it was his birthday - and sure enough - she made him get into that saddle and yell. This year, at least, I had my camera. So here are some pictures of the most embarrassing event.

He was an incredibly good sport about the whole thing. Had it been me, you would have had to drag me out. I would have rather eaten a bug than done that.
Yee-haw. Happy birthday BRO!
No comments:
Post a Comment