Saturday, September 13, 2008

Kitchen/Bathroom

Um, yeah, so can you tell what this is?



What about now?



Did you figure it out? Well, these are pictures of our "King Feature Room" at the Holliday Inn in J.C. where we stayed last weekend when we went to my aunt's fundraiser for PanCan. We and my parents were curious as to what a "King Feature Room" included - and well, this is the feature, apparently. It is a window that looks into the shower. Yeah. You can be in the bedroom area and watch your spouse shower. An idea that was obviously designed by a man - so says my husband. We thought it was hilarious! Not very practical, since the light from the shower shines into the bedroom when your husband is still sleeping because it only takes him 15 minutes to get ready and it takes you an hour... Anyways.


And below - well, I've had some interesting 'mishaps' in my kitchen recently. But here's how you know it is the weekend. This is what the kitchen usually looks like on the weekend. It's due to the fact that we're both home and I try to cook at least once on the weekend.



This is one of my favorite things to make - even though it isn't technically cooking. It may be my last go around of tomatoes now that the weather has gotten cooler. I'm already eagerly anticipating tomatoes next summer.



This was my first 'whoops'. I, uh, took the lid off the pot, set it on a burner, ate dinner and realized that it smelled like something was burning. The burner I set the lid on was still on and it changed the color of the lid. Permanently. If you scroll down you can see what color it used to be.




And now for the second 'whoops'. You would think I'd learn from my first lid on a burner mistake, but nope. I did it again. Below is what tomato sauce looks like when it is charred to the top of a lid. This has been through the dishwasher. But, thanks to some good husband scrubbing, it looks almost as good as new now. I'm a little bit surprised. I didn't think that stuff was going to come off. I got lucky that the lid is still a beautiful silver color and not some strange goldish rainbow shade.


Ok - that was a ridiculously random post. I don't have much to report at this moment.








3 comments:

Em said...

I hardly recognize your blog!! You changed it again! And it was kind of a relief to see your kitchen messy...it's been spotless every time I've been over to your place! Nice to see a few dishes scattered around. :) Great story on the pot lit...that's totally something I'd do.

ps. I've dropped food on belly (same place each time) six or seven times in the last week. I think of you every time, because I know you'd laugh at me. :) seriously, though, it's getting old.

Marie said...

I'm a realllllly messy cook too. I use, like, 5 wooden spoons because I keep misplacing them, splatter stuff everywhere and leave all of the cabinets open. We have a thing in our family that if I cook, Devin cleans up. I really do make it kinda hard on him.

I love your new blog look!

Mrs. H in Costa Rica 2023 said...

Haha my kitchen looks like that by the weekend because anything I do in the kitchen during the week doesn't get touched until the weekend when I have time to clean it up...

And seriously? A hotel room where the bedroom looks into the shower? Brian is right, a guy def came up with that idea...