After getting back from the doctor and eating lunch, we headed to Wal.mart to do our grocery shopping. All was well, it was a fairly quick trip, Lauren slept most of the time and no creepy women came up asking to see the baby (that's another story all in itself). It was rather toasty, so on our way to the car Brian asked me to start the car and load Lauren while he loaded the groceries. I went to unlock the car and thought it was strange that the car was already unlocked. When I stuck the key in the ignition and turned it...nothing. The car wouldn't start. I tried and tried to no avail. Brian tried...nothing for him either. With a trunk full of groceries (and lots of frozen things) and a baby on a hot day, I was about ready to burst into tears. BUT we looked up and saw our next door neighbors coming out of Wal.mart! Hooray for help! Travis and Brian tried to jump the car, but after several attempts, it didn't work. Kristina took me home (while Brian took Lauren back inside a cool store) so I could get my car and we could get our groceries and go home. It was great there was already someone there who lived close! We didn't lose any of the frozen stuff to the July heat! It could have been so much worse had we had to call my mom and wait for her to get to us...or had I been alone. Thankfully, it was the battery that caused the issue. Brian had it checked at the place where he bought the new battery. The battery had a charge of .34 volts. A new battery has 12 volts. The battery was so dead that it couldn't be jumped.
All in all, the bad day wasn't so bad after all. I must also mention that I am really grateful I have a child that rarely cries. I can't imagine how hard it must be to deal with a baby that cries a lot. 20 minutes was tough. I feel for you mommies with colicky babies. You are rock stars!
Here are a few pics...just because you have to have 'em.
We got this new play mat and Lauren LOVES it. I can leave her on it while I take a shower and get ready for the day. She's perfectly content to stare at the giraffe or monkey and kick her feet for 30-40 minutes!

And her bandaids...poor baby.


1 comment:
Aww poor Lauren with all those shots! But I'm glad she did relatively well!
and the Wal.mart adventure....YIKES! not the best day for that...glad everything worked out!
Post a Comment