Monday, July 5, 2010

The 4th

Brian and I both agreed that this 4th of July just didn't quite feel like it. I think it was because we didn't spend it with extended family (my grandma and aunts and uncles couldn't make it this weekend - and we usually travel there...and I wasn't brave enough to make the trip), we didn't go see fireworks and I wasn't thrilled with our neighbors who were lighting them in the neighborhood. I really didn't want the explosions to wake my sleeping babe. Judging from comments I read on other new mommy blogs and facebook updates, I wasn't alone. However, it could just be that we're new parents and life is drastically different now.

We did get to spend the day celebrating. The Koehler's had a large gathering at their house and we were invited to join! It was quite fun and there was lots of fantastic food! I would have liked to have stayed longer, but I needed a nap!

I forgot my camera at home, but thankfully Emily always has hers! And, by the way, I am REALLY want a new camera. I've had my current camera for almost 5 years and I want to take the plunge into the land of DSLR cameras. However, with hospital bills, a new (to us) car, and a new garage door opener so we can park the car inside, a $600.00 + camera definitely isn't in the budget. Ah well.

Here are a few pictures from our 4th. I wanted to take some more of Lauren in her adorable outfit, but as soon as we got home, she peed all over it while I was changing her diaper. I had to do the bow. I knew she'd get called a boy without it. It was off for a bit...and she did! Grow hair girlie!!! And I need to dress her in pink more!

Photobucket

I'd love to have a good family pic...but she doesn't like photos taken while she's awake!

Photobucket

But if we're asleep...it's all good. :)

No comments: