Sunday, November 9, 2008

7 cents and the importance of paying attention...

Well, I haven't posted about CVS in a while, so I thought I'd do a quick one. I must admit that sometimes I've gotten excellent deals on some items because I haven't read very carefully (and neither have the CVS employees). I wasn't trying to be deceptive, but I simply didn't read carefully enough. On Friday, Brian and I ran a quick errand to CVS because I had some Extra Care Bucks that were going to expire and and he was in need of some deodorant. I also thought I'd pick up a few tubes of toothpaste that were a part of the monthy deal. After paying for the items, we realized that the Extra Care Bucks for the toothpaste didn't print. I personally think this kind of toothpaste is disgusting. I won't even let Brian use if I'm around because I hate the smell of it. I sure didn't want to pay for disgusting toothpaste so I had the employee look at the ad and since they couldn't make the Bucks print, they had to refund the cost of the toothpaste and give them to me for free. Since I had used ECBs to pay for them originally, CVS paid us over 4 dollars to take 2 tubes of disgusting toothpaste, some kitchen cleaner and deodorant out of the store! Awesome!

Then I went again today to get some of the new deals for this week (and was terribly disappointed to visit three CVS stores and not find things in the ad). But I again purchased the same toothpaste, some hairspray and some water. Once again, after I paid for the toothpaste, the ECBs didn't print. That's when a more astute CVS worker read that I had purchased the wrong toothpaste to get the ECBs. WHOOPS. I guess that means I kinda stole those other tubes. I thus, returned the wrong toothpaste, bought the right kind and after those transactions my total bill came to 7 cents. So, I guess, all in all CVS paid us about 4.00 to take 6 tubes of toothpaste, 10.00 of deodorant, a huge bottle of water, 10 toothbrushes and a can of hairspray out of the store.

I think people may be getting toothpaste for Christmas. We have 11 extra tubes. :)

1 comment:

Marie said...

Yeah I've gotten burned with toothpaste sizes before. I always look at the ad and make sure I am getting the one that looks exactly like the picture.

I was really bummed out that you could only get one garnier fructisse product. I went in there with 3 coupons, wanting a shampoo, conditioner, and mousse. Sad.