Today I took my first "couponing" trip to CVS. This trip (hopefully) will be one of the more expensive trips I make, because I need to build up my ECBs (Extra Care Bucks - which are in store credit that you get for buying certain items. They can be used like cash on anything you want in CVS.). Even still...I got some good deals. Here's what I got.

It doesn't look like a ton - but all of it essentially cost me $6.51. Yeah. I'd pay $3.00 more than that just for the foundation at Target. This is how I did it:
1. I clipped coupons I got from the Sunday paper.
2. I got a CVS Extra Care Card (actually I stole my husband's).
3. I read the CVS add that came in the paper and wrote down what I had coupons for and what I wanted to buy.
4. I went to CVS and got it! Easy - but takes some time.
Okay, so I walked into CVS and immediately scanned my Extra Care Card at the scanner box near the entrance. It spit out a coupon for $3 off a $15 purchase. Wahoo! That was a surprise!
I purchased:
* Bottle of Tide - on sale for $4.97
* Bottle of Dawn dish soap - on sale for 88 cents.
* Crest tooth paste - on sale for $2.49
* Oral B toothbrush - on sale for $2.49
* CVS toothbrush - on sale for $1.99
* 1 Covergirl Foundation - $8.99
* 1 Covergirl mineral powder - $8.99
* 1 Almay eyeshadow - 8.99
Total = $39.97
CVS had a buy one get one free deal on the CoverGirl products,so one was free.
Coupons:
* .50 for Dawn
* .75 Crest toothpaste
* 1.00 Almay product
* 1.00 Tide
* Free CVS toothbrush
* BOGO (buy one get one) free Covergirl face product (BOTH were free!!!!)
* 3.00 off my 15.00 purchase
Total = 12.57 + 1.94 in tax (OOP - out of pocket total = 14.51)
However, I got 8 ECBs back with that purchase (5 from the Almay eyeshadow and 3 from the toothpaste and one of the toothbrushes). So next time when I go, I can use those 8 towards that purchase and not have to pay OOP!
Bad News:
It's good I got a steal on that CVS stuff, because I found out today that it's going to cost about a week worth of my teaching salary to fix my car - which currently has no air conditioning! Yikes. Too bad they can't balance out a little more... At least there was some excitement in my day.

4 comments:
Andrea!!! I'm so proud of you! This is very exciting! I'm going to CVS today and will let you know how it goes. I made money at Walgreens yesterday, due to a mail in rebate. I paid $1.77 for two cleaning items and a Glade candle. They are going to send me $3 in return! Exciting, huh?
oh, and I'd really like a little 'tutorship' on how to use scrapblog. I haven't tried very hard, but am wondering if you used templates or started from 'scratch'.
Nice! You are a pro already... it won't be long before you are teaching me how to shop there!:) And thanks so much for linking to me- I am so glad I can help!!
Andrea, this is so cool. I did the Walgreens things for awhile, but then got lazy. What is CVS?
Post a Comment