Saturday, August 23, 2008

A good, but frustrating trip to CVS

Now that I'm back at work full time, I have to shop when the rest of the world shops. It stinks. But, that's life. Anyways, I decided that I do my CVS trips on Saturdays before they changed the sales for Sunday. Not such a good idea. All of the 'sale/deal for the week' signs had been taken down so that one might know which things are a part of the add special - and one of the girls who was working in the store today had reset the computer sistem and it invalidated all of the deals/sales that were still on for the week, and made it ready for the sales for next week. It took me about 20 minutes at the cash register to get everything straightened out (so that I got the right price and got my Extra Care Bucks). Once that was taken care of, I got a good deal. I paid $3.85 for all of this stuff!!! Yeah. $3.85!

The Downey was on sale for $3.99 - so basically I paid less than the bottle of Downey for all of it! It would be insanely hard to explain it all, but with coupons from the news paper, 2/10 purchase coupon, 3/15 coupon and $8.00 in ECBs, plus the cash refunds they had to give me because the ECBs didn't print for the toothpaste and mascara, I only had to pay $3.85 out of pocket. The only bad thing is that I walked into the store with 8 ECBs and came out with 5 ECBS (instead of the 11 I had hoped for) because they had to give me the 'after' ECB price for the items for which the ECBs didn't print. Oh well.

Having my husband guess the final cost and impressing him with the total is so much fun! He guessed I spent $15.00 on all of this. Needless to say, he was impressed!!!

3 comments:

Marie said...

Did you go to the CVS near your parents' house? The same thing happened to me there one Saturday afternoon. I was there in the early afternoon, not at 9:55 at night or something. Pretty frustrating....

I noticed you also bought the Sunsilk hair stuff! I was pretty excited about that deal. It was like 65 cents for each bottle! :)

Em said...

hey, can you use a 2/10 and a 3/15 coupon in the same transaction? way to go on the great deal!!

Marie said...

ha ha ha ha! Oh Andrea, you know me too well. Seriously that is what I said "Gosh, this is so unlike anything I would ever do!" Then my mom said she didn't think I'd be able to do it. Then I said "Oh it's on now!" Really though I am excited to be surprised. Devin is too.