Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Ay Carumba!

Yeah, ay carumba...that's what one of my 'charming' Spanish 2 students blurted out on the FIRST day of school after I told the class what my name was (about 10 seconds into class). Oh joy. Oh bliss. It may be an interesting year with him. Other than that, the massive wolf spider that waltzed into my room on day 2 and learning that chicken waffles don't exist, I think that this year is off to a good start.

I'm teaching on a cart this year. Our school has grown SO much that I lost my classroom to a science teacher (it was originally a science room). After some tears, I've come to realize that it's not that bad - although, I would like to hit a few students with my cart because they walk right in front of me. I may invest in a bicycle horn. I think that would be funny. Honk Honk.

I LOVE my Spanish III classes. I teach 2 sections and those sections are filled with students from last year. It's nice to come in knowing most names in the class and being able to converse with them. I've got some sweet kids. I hope the rest of the year is as fun as these two days have been. Even though I've been working 10ish hour days, I can say that I do like my job. I'd still rather have a baby and stay home, but I suppose I can work on being content for now. :)

5 comments:

Marie said...

I'm glad teaching on a cart isn't so bad. I think the bicycle horn is a really funny idea.

Em said...

I also love the bicycle horn idea! What a hoot!

Amanda said...

Go for the horn. I guarantee the students will never forget you!

Mrs. H in Costa Rica 2023 said...

Ug I've been pulling long days too...I just hope things settle down some soon!

Leah said...

Hmm..thinking about having a baby and staying home, eh? (note: you must say 'eh' out loud and in a strong canadian accent)