Friday, September 2, 2011

Lauren {15 months}

To say that it's been a while since I've blogged would be an understatement. I'll try and be a little better about posting. I'm hopeful to do a 'summer in review' post, but I'll post some updates on Lauren - before I forget! Here's a picture of her on her 15 month birthday!


She's FINALLY starting to grow some hair! Even still, she got called a boy by my parents neighbor the other night - while wearing a pink t-shirt and a skirt. His wife let him have it for that one! Since I posted last, Lauren:
* started crawling! She was at least 13 months - she'd perfected the army crawl, but finally started really crawling. I thought she'd just skip it, since she'd been pulling up on things for months already.
*started walking! One week before her 15 month birthday she finally let go and went a few steps on her own. 1 week later, she's a total pro. She's still a little wobbly, but she is awesome compared to just one week ago! I guess that's what happens when you take your time!
*has learned all sorts of animal noises. Her current ones are dog, cat, elephant, monkey, snake, lion, sheep, pig, horse and when you ask her what a bee says she covers her tummy - because we always tickle her!
*says only a few words. 'Hello' (Heh-o), hi, Daddy (and dada), yes, no, eww, E-I-E-I (referring to Old McDonald). She'll say a few others when you ask her, but I feel sad that she doesn't say 'Mama' unless asked.
* is pretty much taking 1 nap a day. She usually sleeps from 6:30pm to 8:30am, so I can't feel too sad about losing that second nap.
* has gotten several new teeth! She has 12 total! Teething has been a breeze - I didn't even know her molars were coming in until they had completely popped through!
*She wears a size 4 diaper and lots of 12 month clothes - but fits pretty well into some 18 month things, too. We go to the doctor in a week, so I don't know where she is percentile wise.

She's still lots of fun to take out and about. She attracts so much attention! I love it! Transitioning back to work has been much better than I thought it would be. Last year I felt like life was ending when I had to go back to work. This year, I'm having a blast and it makes me cherish my time with her more. I'm so thankful that I am still part time this year. She's doing so many fun new things and I wouldn't want to miss them!

1 comment:

Mary and Paul said...

Hooray! You've done a new post! Lauren's hair is looking great!