I LOVE spirit week. It is so much fun to dress in crazy clothes. I mostly like not having to dress up for work every day. Spirit week is an excuse to wear jeans every day of the week (or something slightly more tacky). Sure, the kids are crazy, but when there's a good spirit day, roaming the halls is an experience! From what I hear, our administrators are pretty strict with regards to what we can do with spirit week because we don't want to offend a group of people. While I don't want to offend people, I kinda feel like some of the fun gets lost in the vetoes of some of the days. I could go on a longer rant...but this is a public blog, and I'm face.book friends with one of those administrators (Hi Cindy!) and I don't know if she reads my blog...
Anyway - here are the pictures from Spirit Week Fall 2011.
Kindergarten Day -

I really should have put a little more thought into this day. I had NO idea what to wear. When I got to school there were lots of girls wearing their Girl.Scout uniforms. I have mine from 4th grade and I'm pretty sure it still fits me... Oh well. I rocked me some pig tails. And jeans. Yay for the jeans!
Celebrity Day -


I really didn't have much to go with for this day. The kids told me that we could pick a certain celebrity and dress like that person, or pick a character that was famous. I just went with 'random famous person'. I guess this is how celebrities dress...fashionable (but I'm not sure this counts as fashionable). I'm pretty sure Old Navy skinny jeans (which I've NEVER worn in public before - but hooray for getting to wear jeans to work again!) and an Old Navy t-shirt are a little less quality than the attire of most celebrities. But, notice my 'dog' in my bag. We didn't have a stuffed dog, so we had to go with a stuffed bunny. I wore my sunglasses while I taught. That was pretty fun! Pictured in the first picture is one of my partners in crime, Courtney. I'm pretty sure I couldn't survive my job without her! She loaned me the scarf I'm wearing. I didn't want to give it back. Can I have it when you die, Courtney? :) You are 30 now - and since I'm still in my 20s, I'm just going to assume you'll die before me.
80s Workout Day - (THE BEST DAY)


The kids got REALLY into this day. I have a few pictures, but I don't know what the rules are about posting pictures of students and I'm just NOT going to take any risks here. I couldn't have done this day without my mom's help. She loaned me the leggings, the scrunchie, the sweatband and the slouchy socks. I felt like a total nerd bomber, but the kids looked SO much better than I did. Leg warmers are easily purchased at Tar.get these days, along with neon tights, apparently. Even the boys wore tights. Too funny. Pictured above - my partner in crime Courtney, and another gal I couldn't survive without - Kim.
Argyle Day -

I didn't have anything argyle. Thankfully, my friend Mandy let me borrow her sweater. Every year for spirit week I feel sad that I haven't saved every article of clothing I've ever worn. I'm sure I used to own something argyle - not that there's anything wrong with Mandy's sweater...I just feel like it would be nice to have more options. But...jeans!!!!
Friday was class color day. Each grade level wore one of the school colors. Teachers were supposed to wear something school spirit related. I pretty much wear Jag gear every Friday, and didn't have Brian take a picture. I was sad I didn't have my camera at school when I saw my friend Melissa (my other partner in crime) and saw that she and I wore the same t-shirt to school that day. It would have made for an awesome Class Color day pic - oh well.
So, there you go. Spirit week. There will be another one in the spring! I can't wait!
I didn't love the days this year (other than 80s workout) because it was too hard to find stuff to wear! I always vote for pajama day - that's even better than getting to wear jeans to school!

1 comment:
Spirit Week looks very fun! Did anyone pay attention to studies???
Post a Comment