~ Lauren is a really good eater. We went to the doctor on Monday and she gained 12 oz in one week. She weighed 6lbs 14oz at birth, lost 7oz in the hospital and at two weeks weighed in at 7lbs 10oz.~Sometimes Lauren is a good sleeper. Most nights she'll wake up, eat and fall back asleep. Some nights she won't. I'm trying to figure out what makes the difference...
~ My car sold on Craig's.List in less than 24 hours. So, I had to take Brian and pick him up from work every day this week. We also bought a car today. We needed something that had 4 doors and was car seat friendly. I've never had a say in the car that I drove (thanks to the hand-me-down generosity of my parents) and I'm excited about my new-to-me wheels. Buying a car with a 2.5 week old isn't the least stress free thing I've done. However, the car salesmen that we worked with were awesome. They even had someone leave their office so I could have a locked room with a couch to feed Lauren. I was SO grateful. I got to use my 'udder cover' for the first time. :)
~Lauren has now met all of her grandparents.


~ I have yet to watch the Today Show and drink coffee from a real mug this summer. I fell in love with the Today Show last summer when I couldn't watch cable (we're too cheap to pay for it). It kept me entertained for hours in the morning. Since then it's always a treat to get to watch it (that means there's no school!!!). Lauren usually sleeps her longest stretch from 5:00 - 10:00 ish and therefore I choose sleep over the Today Show. It also doesn't help matters that I hadn't used my coffee pot since I found out my heartburn was significantly less if I didn't drink coffee. I think that was around December. Needless to say, the thing was DISGUSTING and is still soaking by the sink. I did buy fresh coffee and a bottle of creamer this week.
~I'm loving being a mom, but missing time with just my hubby more than I thought I would.
~I never knew I would be so thirsty and drink so much water.
~Now that I'm a mom, I get to have 'play dates' with other moms! I'm excited to go to my first one this Monday.
~Here's an awake pic of my little sweetie! She looks so concerned about something :).

3 comments:
Yay! Great post!
So now Lauren is the size James was when he was born!! I also remember being totally thirsty all the time. I mean parched! That means you're a good milk-maker! :)
She is super cute! And I am a bit jealous of your birth story. Landon was my shortest labor at around 19 hours.
In my opinion these first few months are the hardest on a marriage. You're subsisting on very little sleep, your body's all out of whack from just giving birth and all of a sudden there's this new person that needs you nearly ever minute of the day. I can promise that things will feel more normal for you and Brian again! Thanks for the honesty. I felt the same way (both times). I'd recommend getting tv series on dvd to watch while nursing. That was my fave thing to do!
Post a Comment