I have AMAZING friends. I can't imagine what life would be like with out these two ladies. I have been friends with Emily (on the left) since I was 14. We met in Mrs. Wheeler's 9th grade English class. Since then, we pretty much have done most things together. We were driving partners in drivers ed (and passed, amazingly enough), we were roommates at KState, we had the same major, graduated at the same time, moved back in with our parents to student teach in the same school district, became roommates again, both taught Spanish, started dating our husbands within 12 days of each other, got married within three months of each other, were each other's maid/matrons of honor and we currently live about 5 minutes apart. I love her to pieces. She knows me so well. Some of my biggest laughs have been with her. I've learned so much from her and it is always encouraging to be around her. Jenny (on the right) and I have been friends since we were 7. Yeah, 7. We've been friends for about 20 years. I think that is amazing. Jenny and I met in Mrs. Pippin's second grade class. She was one of my best friends that year. I thought she was the coolest because she always wore a fun colored barrette in her hair. 2nd graders really know what counts. I spent MANY nights sleeping at her house and she at mine. We share a deep love of Oreos and nacho cheese Doritos. We have been known to consume mass quantities of those foods in a single sitting. So many of my childhood memories involve Jenny. In when we were in high school Jenny faithfully picked me up for church every week. She was very diligent in inviting me to church activities and I often wonder if I would have made a decision to follow Jesus if she hadn't been a part of my life. I was even baptized in the swimming pool at her house! Emily and Jenny have been friends since Jr. High and the three of us always have lots of fun together! Jenny lives in Branson and is getting married 2 months from today. This last weekend Emily and I made a trip to visit her, as any good co-matrons of honor would do!Only with these girls could I actually justify eating this for dinner...
Yep, people. We seriously ate that for dinner. You can see the doritos and oreos as Jenny and I require them at any gathering where junk food is consumed. There are chips and queso dip and salsa. There are milk duds, chocolate covered pistachios, pineapple, coffee drink mix, and apples with taffy apple dip. At least we got SOME fruit in there. We spent the whole weekend just chatting and getting caught up on life, going to visit Jenny's church and watching Bride Wars - in honor of the fact that she'll be a bride soon! It was great fun. I came back feeling refreshed - I was in need of some girl time! I miss having girls for roommates.This is us after church on Sunday.
I really dislike car trips, but this was so worth it to get to have such a fun weekend, and I really enjoyed the actual time in the car, too. I had literally over 7 hours of Emily all to myself. That is quite a treat! We haven't spent much time just the two of us since her adorable little boy was born last year. It really was a fantastic weekend! Thanks girls! I love you.

4 comments:
i agree! it was so great to spend so much time catching up! love you, friend!
Aww! How fun. Looks like you had a wonderful time!
Aww looks like tons of fun. I enjoyed reading the tidbits of info about your relationships.
Love you!
Sounds like you have some amazing friends! What a blessing. :) You made me want to plan a girls weekend now!
You should TOTALLY go to Secrets. It was absolutely fabulous. There is lots to do at the resort and lots of food. It's incredible nice and the service is fantastic. Let me know if you have any questions about it!
Post a Comment