Sunday, July 5, 2009

el cuatro de julio

It's a little bit of a tradition that we haven't ever seen a good 4th of July firework show during our marriage. The first year we were married Brian had just been in a terrible go-cart accident and had a fairly large and painful hematoma (blood pools in the muscle) on his leg. He was nervous about walking at all, so we stayed home. Last year we headed to watch fireworks at the top of the Garmin parking garage and it turned out that it was a little too far away from the show. When the "show" started we weren't even sure if it was the one we were supposed to be watching. This year was nothing different. Other than the last two years, we usually head to my grandma's house and have a huge family gathering and get to see a great show, but with the grand kids getting married we haven't done that in a while. This year my aunt, uncle, cousins and grandma came to visit, but they left the morning of the fourth after a visit to the farmers market. YUM - TOMATOES!

So.... we fired up our new grill and Brian cooked some delicious cheese burgers. They were so tasty! Here's my grillmaster!



Our meal - complete with watermelon and fresh grilled veggies!

And no 4th of July celebration is complete with out homemade ice cream!

After we ate, we started on this puzzle...we love doing puzzles. I'll have to do a post with all the pictures of the puzzles we've completed. We're kinda dorks. But after doing the border, we decided to watch 5 episodes of Lost.


This was my exciting find of the 4th! I went to water and FINALLY found some tomatoes on my plants! They're about the size of blueberries, but I couldn't be more excited!

Even though we were home and it was just the two of us, we had a great evening spending time together!

5 comments:

Marie said...

LOST, puzzles, ice cream (with toppings), the man you love, and finding something growing in your garden! Sounds like a perfect 4th to me!

nat said...

Your 4th could have included getting rained on while waiting for fireworks at the Air Force Academy....oh wait a minute - that was my 4th! Looks like you had a beautiful day to grill, make ice cream & just hang out. Miss you guys!

Em said...

Woo hoo! I'm so glad your tomato plant has tomatoes! We've gotten three (the first was only half edible) so far. And one bell pepper! I'm really excited about using them in recipes this week. Sounds like your cuatro de julio was low key but nice!

Em said...

Your grill is really nice, too!

Mrs. H in Costa Rica 2023 said...

Ick, I hate puzzles...but I´m glad you and Brian enjoy doing them together!

I celebrated the 4th with sick twins :) but it was fun. We got their haircut and got them adorable matching outfits for church on the 5th...

Love you!