Tuesday was the return to Weight Watchers. I was pleasantly surprised to find I'd gained back less than 2 pounds. I'd been eating whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted for weeks, but it was time to get back on the plan and hit my goal. I've got about ten more pounds to go. I made a new friend. This gal overheard me sharing with another WW friend about why I'd returned to the meetings. She'd also lost a baby. We sat and chatted for about 15 minutes after the meeting was over. The rest of Tuesday was nice. I got to spend the afternoon with Lauren - that always makes my heart happy! Wednesday was good, but I was quite tired. My mom watches Lauren on Wednesdays and I was driving home, exhausted (with 3+ hours to go before bedtime - Brian doesn't get home until after bedtime...so I work a full day and than am a single parent when I get home - kudos to all you single parents!) wondering how I could this with 2 kids! Then I thought back to the last time I drove home from picking up Lauren I was pregnant...and was wondering because it was going to happen soon! It was a 'first' I hadn't been expecting. It caught me off guard and bummed me out for the rest of the evening. Will there be a time when I don't think about this ALL THE TIME?
The next day I found out about 2 pregnant friends, due around the same time as I would have been. I am thrilled for them, no doubt, but hearing about someone else being pregnant simply reminds me that I am no longer expecting a baby.
We finished our week celebrating my cousin's birthday and his son's birthday. It was a great dinner and a fun night with family! My cousin has a great back yard and the kids spent the evening playing outside. It was a gorgeous evening!
The week was full of ups and downs. Hoping this week has more ups than downs.

4 comments:
I love that you are blogging more!!! I love hearing about your life - the good and the hard...
L is so adorable! I hope I can see you guys when I'm home over Memorial Day weekend?
oh my sweet friend. I just got caught up on your journey after being out of the country for a week. Your posts while I was gone made me cry. Know that I am praying for you as you face each new day.
I'm so sorry you're hurting, Andrea, but I'm inspired by and so proud of the way you're dealing with this pain. It means a lot to me that you're letting us into the hurt. Take all the time you need. Love you.
I second Marie. Love you Andrea!
Post a Comment