Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Break



This last week was spring break. My mom, Lauren and I packed up and headed to visit with my grandma and aunts. It was our first road trip with just girls! We had a blast!

With my parents living just a few minutes from us, we haven't taken Lauren to a restaurant since she was about 3 months old. She got to experience her first 'cousin lunch' at The Breadbasket. My grandma, her sisters, my mom, her sisters, her cousins, Lauren and I all got together for lunch one afternoon. She did great!

Sitting in a high chair like a big girl. She fed herself a huge piece of bread and made a big mess. She was a happy camper.



My aunt Barb


Chewing on Grandma's straw

Outside with the sign - this is one of our FAVORITE places to eat and my mom really wanted these pictures. I'm glad we have them, too.


One afternoon Aunt Barb took some pictures of the '4 generations'. The same day she sent them to me, my cousin Kami sent some that she had taken last July. How my baby has changed!


I love that Lauren's hand is so pudgy that she has a roll around her wrist and has dimples where her knuckles are.


It was great to have extra hands around to help all day long. I got to paint my toe nails for the first time since last July and I spent hours one afternoon watching The Food Network. We don't have cable 'round these parts and I miss that channel! We spent lots of time eating yummy food and Lauren tried guacamole - and loved it! I'm not surprised as avocados are one of her favorite foods. It was a great few days! It's hard to believe it's over and there are no more breaks until school is out. Come one summer!!!!

I'll leave you with one more pic that Kami took - I just love it!




1 comment:

The Frenchs said...

Love the family pictures! So glad you had your week with your daughters- in many ways, teachers have the best of both worlds!