
November 11, 2006 - while an amazing day, it really didn't click and my life didn't really feel different. It took awhile for the fact that I was engaged to sink in. Surely, surely I thought, this moment would make me realize, yes, I'm a wife.

The first time I got to kiss my HUSBAND!!!! But, it didn't.
I realized I was a wife and life was different around 5:30 a.m. the morning after our wedding. I had gotten up to go to the bathroom and I returned to bed. I thought I had quietly slipped back into bed when Brian rolled over and put his arm around me. That's when I realized - this is life now. It was the first night we had shared a bed together and it was thrilling to realize that I get to wake up next to him every morning for the rest of our lives. It is one of the smallest - yet sweetest memories that I have of our relationship together.
I thought there would be 2 moments where I would know life would change again - this time with regards to becoming a mommy.
This was the first one...

5:30 a.m. nearly a year ago...but this was too unbelievable to really comprehend, and just like being engaged, it took awhile to sink in.
So surely this would be the moment I realized life would be different...

My first view of my newborn baby girl. I just couldn't believe moments before she had been inside me!
But the moment that made me realize I was a mom happened around 2:00 a.m. a few nights ago. I could hear Lauren crying. She was sick. She was sleepy. She couldn't sleep because she was stuffy. After trying to soothe her back to sleep without picking her up and failing, I lifted her out of her crib and sat and rocked her in a rocking chair. Instantly, she closed her eyes and drifted off. She needed her mommy to hold her. I smiled and cried a little thinking about how having your mom around when you're sick really makes you feel better. Just knowing she's there, holding your hand, stroking your head - her presence just makes you feel better. That's when I knew life really had changed.

4 comments:
Such a sweet post! Not to sound cliche, but I'm so happy that your life dreams have come true!!
*Living the dream* :)
Oh so true! I think I realized I was a wife when we returned from our honeymoon and went to bed in OUR bed. The bed we had bought as a wedding gift to ourselves. So weird and great!
And my mommy moment was similar to yours.
Sweet post. :)
that's so sweet Andrea. I have a little cold today and I was just thinking how I wanted to call my mom to tell her! So maybe mama-comfort never changes.
Cute post, so true! I've been thinking about you a lot this week and hope that things are going well! :)
Post a Comment