I have a pretty good feeling that this little chickadee is going to be quite stubborn. She's quite active at night (and hasn't figured out the time change yet). It never fails...I can feel her moving at squirming for 10 minutes, but AS SOON AS Brian reaches over to feel her moving, she quits. How does she know? I can see my stomach bouncing from her kicking, but as soon as I lift my shirt to get a better view, she quits moving. She does it every night. :) I'm assuming she'll take after me in the stubborn department. My mom likes to tell me a story about when I was 2 and refused to throw away a dirty kleenex. She says that I sat on the stairs for an hour (or more) and cried because I refused to throw it away. I wasn't allowed to get up from the stairs until I was ready to put it in the trash. Sheesh...I hope she takes after Brian.

Be watching for another post - hopefully by this weekend of the very close to finished baby room. I still need to decide what to do about curtains, we'll need to order a chair/glider of some sort, and get baskets to organize the changing table - but the big stuff will be done!
7 comments:
Yay! I really want to come over and see the room if it gets close to being finished! Can I swing by with James? We obviously wouldn't stay long b/c your house isn't toddler proofed yet, but I'm dying to see it come together! And I'm still willing to take a few pictures--Thursday afternoon maybe? if it's warm enough...
Oh, to decorate a nursery! How glorious that sounds! :) I can't wait for the day I get to do that!!!! And I can't wait to see what your nursery looks like! Get those pics up as soon as you can :)
ohh- can't wait to see pics of the nursery- you look great too by the way! All my babies would do this- kick and bounce until someone tried to feel! Have fun...getting ready.... (and remember I make awesome mobiles you can hang from the ceiling if you need something pretty for baby to look at!!)
Kaiya was the SAME way with movement. Don't worry Brian will feel your baby girl soon.
Here's a tip...if she moves about the same time every night, then about 5 or 10 min before that drink some orange juice or something with some sugar, lay on your side and lift your shirt above your belly. Then just wait. I'm sure she will be movin' and grovin' in no time. And in a few weeks she will most likely be moving so much that your belly will take on some crazy shapes & you and brian will most certainly feel and see your little princess showing off her moves. :) It is truely amazing and one of the things I miss most once baby is outside of the womb.
Eli is kicking me as I type this! Hee hee
Haha I'm glad you admitted you are stubborn b/c I was totally thinking that if she turns out stubborn it will be because she is just like her mama!
Love you!!! And I'm praying she's a little more like Brian in the stubbornness category!
Heyyyyy Addison did the same thing with a piece of banana she dropped on the floor.
I can't wait to see nursery pics also!!
Lauren must take after me. I was extremely stubborn as a young child and had to sit for quite ahile several times till I decided to cooperate.--Grandma
Post a Comment