Saturday, February 20, 2010

a mix of things...

This last week was spirit week at school. My favorite theme for dressing up is, by far, pajama day. No pajama day this week. Sometimes the kids choose really random theme ideas and I have a hard time finding things that I can wear. Throw in being almost 6 months pregnant, and clothing choices for theme days go way down. Friday of this week was "western day". I had to borrow a shirt from my friend Emily's husband, Mark. I like the shirt, but when it's buttoned on me I looked like a 50 year old man with a SERIOUS beer belly. It was not a day of feeling attractive...for sure. These are three of my favorite ladies I work with. Melissa (in the red bandana) is also pregnant - due two weeks after me, Courtney (in the overalls) is a great person to get advice from - she had a baby a year ago. Most of my maternity clothes are hers and Morgan has the braids. I met Morgan while at K-State. She lived across the hall from me and was one of my residents the year that I was an RA. These ladies make work so much more fun! It's fantastic to have really great friends at school!

Here's a belly update at 24 weeks (I'm 25 weeks today). I think the belly has looked about the same for the last 2-3 weeks.

This is the fabric (and subsequently the colors) for Lauren's nursery. Emily's mom, Cathy, is going to make me a baby quilt and bed skirt. I'm quite excited!

Brian and I (but mostly Brian) are working on moving the office to the basement so we can begin painting and put together the crib and changing table we bought a few weeks ago! Pictures to come!

4 comments:

Annie said...

you are too cute!! how exciting to be expecting a little lady in june!!
love the fabrics, so girly and pretty!!

cute blog hun! :)
hope you are having a good weekend!

Kami Van Slyke said...

Seriously! Can you please start growing a belly so that I don't feel like such a goliath when I'm pregnant? :)

Kristin K. said...

You did not look like a 50 year old man...your adorable pic proves your claim false :)

Lindsey said...

Oh my gosh! Your belly pic is so cute!!

Yes, that's the same Janet that went to K-State and went to Spain. What a small world!! You guys also went with our good friend John O'hara too! I will have to send her you blog site. She's on Facebook now. Too funny!