Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Happy 2nd Anniversary!

Last night we celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary. I can hardly believe it's been two years. This June 2 had slightly less fanfare than the last two (our wedding in 2007 and an trip to Italy in 2008), but it was great fun and my husband had some surprises up his sleeve! We had discussed eating at the Melting Pot - one of our favorites. The food was delicious, as usual and we had a great waitress! They knew it was our anniversary because Brian had reserved a private room at the restaurant, and waiting on the table were red roses and a bottle of wine.

The wine was a really exciting surprise - not because I love wine so much, but we have a bottle to represent each June 2nd of our marriage. I'd been wondering what we were going to do this year since there wasn't anything (relating to wine) that I thought we'd be able to find to make this bottle specific to our celebration. But he did it! This one really is perfect!

Here are the other bottles. The one on the right we took from our hotel room while we were on our honeymoon. You can see the Sandals logo in the bottom left corner. The one in the middle we bought while on vacation to Italy last summer. We share the same wedding anniversary as my parents and they took us with them to celebrate!

It was a wonderful evening! The church were Brian was working is having VBS, so he got to leave 2 hours early and we were able to go out to eat on our actual anniversary! We got home around 10:00 and stretched out on our bed to help us digest our full bellies and fell asleep! I woke up at 1:00 and washed my face, turned out all the lights in our house and went back to bed. I haven't been sleeping too well in our new house yet, so getting more than 6 hours was wonderful!

4 comments:

Mrs. H in Costa Rica 2023 said...

Such a great tradition! Happy Anniversary!

Marie said...

That sounds wonderful! Congratulations!

Family of 3...as perfect as could be! said...

Awww, congratulations on year #2. :) I keep forgetting it's June already...hope you all are doing well!

Lindsey said...

Ya'll are so dang cute! Happy (late) anniversary!
The Melting Pot is one of Ryan & I's special places to eat too. He took me there the night we got engaged and now go there at least once a year for a special occasion. I love that place!