We were gone for 1 night. ONE. This how much stuff we took. I was quite excited to get to use my new Ve.ra Bra.dley duffel bag I got for Christmas!
When we arrived at Fig.lio we got to valet park! I was wearing a dress and heels and was quite excited to not have to walk very far to the door. We were seated and a little disappointed to find out that they had prepared a special Valentines Day dinner menu - and that the typical food served there would not be served. Bummer - and lots more expensive. We decided to say since there we didn't think there was any way we'd be able to get into another restaurant on Valentines Day - and it turned out to be a really fun treat! Our waitress was really apologetic that we weren't told about the special menu offered and so she got us whatever drinks we wanted! Quite fun. Dinner was delicious. We had appetizers, salad, lobster bisque, steak, tiramisu, and cheese cake! . It was so much food - we were glad we had a fridge in our hotel room. On our way out of the restaurant I heard a guy mention to our waitress that he was going to propose during dinner...I wanted to stay to watch, but we were done, and so we left and headed to check into the hotel. We love staying in hotels because we get to sleep in a king size bed. When we arrived at the hotel we decided to do the valet parking since it wasn't that much more expensive than parking yourself. Seriously. You had to pay to stay at the hotel AND you had to pay to park there. Ridiculous. What else were you to do with your car? Take it to the room with you? Please. It was nice to not have to carry all that luggage across a parking lot - we did get to pull up right next to the door. Upon check in we were upset to discover that the room we had reserved was not available. There were no rooms with king beds left. The concierge tried to be helpful and told us that he could take care of our parking cost for us...when we acted as though that wasn't enough (and it wasn't) they ended up giving us our room for half price. THAT made it WAY worth it. We ended up staying in a hotel and eating dinner for QUITE a bit less than the original cost of our hotel stay. Our room was pretty nice - and it was even nicer that it was way cheaper! See pic below. I'm standing in a huge hallway in front of lots of windows. The bathroom and a big closet are to the right.
After we had gotten settled, we called for room service - which was included in our package and they brought us a bottle of sparkling wine (which I was afraid to open - I'm glad my hubby was brave enough to do so) and chocolate covered strawberries! Very tasty!
I'm terrible about asking people to take our picture - and really should have gotten one of us both when we were dressed up for dinner, but I didn't. Here we are getting ready to watch Phan.tom of the Opera (we packed our DVD player).
The next morning (after not a great night of sleep - I've been sick all week with a cold and have now given it to Brian) we headed downstairs for an awesome breakfast buffet! We're now at home both enjoying the fact that Brian doesn't have to work today AND that we both don't have to work tomorrow either! I'm updating the blog and he's linking us to a famous comedian through all the genealogy work he's been doing - and he's done it. We know how we're related (thanks to Jeff's aunt!).
Since we don't have to work tomorrow I think we may have a date night to see a movie! He did a great job planning Valentines Day! I'm a very blessed wife!

4 comments:
Awww! Very nice! But um why the periods in so many words...like Cro.wn and Wes.ton???
Ugg I'm getting over a cold too. I even took a sick day on Friday! And unfortunately I have to work on Monday....long story...I'm about to update my blog you can read about it...
Oh! that makes perfect sense! :)
i'm so glad you had a fun valentines days weekend!!
jenifriend
That is so sweet! I'm glad Brian is still dating you after you've been married for awhile.
Post a Comment