Aren't these flowers beautiful? I think so!

There's nothing like getting a call from the school office to tell you that you have a delivery on Valentine's Day - especially when you're not dating anyone, but really would like to be. That day I rushed to the office to find these flowers - a dozen beautiful pink roses - for me - from the boy I wanted to date. In his studly-
ness he sent a dozen roses to 7 other girls that Valentines Day. There was also a card. I scrutinized EVERY.SINGLE.WORD. Many times. That night I called to thank him and we had our first telephone conversation. It was just about the most exciting thing ever...well, until we actually started dating and then got engaged and married...

The flowers I received for that first Valentine's Day are why I chose this for my
bouquet! I sure do love my husband. He's being sneaky this year for Valentine's Day. About a week ago I asked, "What are we doing for Valentine's Day?" His response, "I don't know." I let it go, not really thinking anything of it, but the next day when I came home from school he said, "Dear, I have to tell you that I lied to you yesterday." I immediately began to panic, but he said, "Yesterday when I told you that I didn't know what we were doing for Valentine's Day, I lied. I know exactly what we're doing for Valentine's Day." I was relieved...but now I'm frustrated. I haven't been able to get much out of him except for the fact that I have to dress up. He's such a pain. But he's my favorite pain in the whole world.
3 comments:
Awww! I love that he sent you flowers that Vday! And I never made the connection to your wedding flowers! Great!
I'm so happy I don't think I'll be sleeping tonight! I tried to call you :( I wanted to tell you the news over the phone rather than email or facebook!
Miss you LOTS!
This is such a sweet story! I really enjoy how you incorporated something so special into your wedding day.
jenifriend
Girl,
Tell him to rub off some of that sweetness on his old roomie. Cause when I asked what we were doing for V-day, he said "You can go ahead and work extra if you want."
He could stand a refresher course, obviously :)
Post a Comment