Friday at school was a little interesting. The schedule was insane, tons of kids were absent and I had an extra 78 minutes with one of my classes (due to the schedule) - and it was my favorite class! It was incredibly laid back and a ton of fun. I did, however, make the kids do some work. They had an activity where they had to write commands and then give those commands to a partner. The partner had to do what was told to him or her. I was sitting in a chair observing this whole process when one of my favorite students (who is a guy) walked over to me, got down on one knee and kissed my hand! His command was that he had to kiss me! I don't believe he actually did it! I laughed so hard - as did the rest of the class!
Brian loved the story too - but he couldn't let someone get away with kissing his wife - so we took a little field trip to DQ last night (where this student works) so Brian could finally meet him. It was a ton of fun - and our blizzards were a little bigger than normal!
I truly feel as though I have gotten sucked into the world of school recently. I kinda feel like I live there. Things are going well this year - I'm feeling like I finally have a good handle of some good practices and ideas and that the kids can't get to me anymore when they ask me questions about the language that I can't answer. It's just a little more relaxing. One of my favorite parts is lunch - we have an awesome lunch group and I have enjoyed getting to know people from other content areas. I love the ladies I work with too! Enjoying the people I work with has made going to work every day so much easier.
I'm also taking Razor's Edge 2 this year (a class through church). It's been a parallel with what we've been discussing in church on Sunday and has made me look at my job a little differently. I guess in some ways I always thought and assumed that the main point of my work was so that I could be show/share Jesus with and to other people who don't know Him. That is a large part of my purpose in my job, but I hadn't really thought that my actual work is of extreme value as well. The quote that has been seen often on the big screen on Sunday is by Dorthy Sayers which reads, "The only Christian work is work is good work, done well." It's been something to chew over during the frustrating days or when all I want to do is have a baby and be a stay at home mom. It's also been good to debunk the thought that if I really loved God that I would go be a missionary somewhere far away. I still see extreme value in that and some day would LOVE the opportunity to do just that! However, now just doesn't feel like the time. It's good to know that what I am doing right now has value to the Kingdom of God.
Next weekend is the 5th Annual Pumpkin Carving Party. I met my husband at the 1st party before it was know that it would be an annual event. I was sitting on the porch steps at Emily's parents house when he walked up the driveway and I knew. I knew I wanted to marry him. It's crazy to think about all of the things that have happened in the last 4 years. It makes me wonder what insane changes will occur in the next 4!
School Starts Again
2 weeks ago

5 comments:
great update! wish we could have hung out tonight...
LOL! I LOVED this post! I can't believe he actually "kissed" you, though I'm thankful he had the sense to kiss your hand :)
Sounds like you have some fun kids...I have some fun kids too...but then again I have some real pains in the butt too...
So, I just noticed that you read "Confessions of a CF husband" too! What an amazing testimony that couple has. John and I have been learning recently how important actual work is too. It's biblical. In all things we are to work as we are working for Him. Whether that be teaching, cleaning, preaching, etc. Glad we are learning it together! I love your posts. :) It's fun to get a glimpse into your life. Take care, friend!
Great post Andrea! I'm glad you're really enjoying your job. As a stay at home mom I can say that even though it is a wonderful opportunity, it wouldn't be for you if the timing wasn't right. I hope you continue to have wonderful weeks at work from now on. :)
Oh Andrea, don't you worry. Everytime this comes around I have a "master list" of people who will get one. You're on that list! ;)
Gosh, this makes me feel so powerful!
Post a Comment