Sunday, July 13, 2008

Money! Money! Money!

Ah...this has seemed to be a big topic of discussion around our house lately! I feel as though Brian and I are starting to transition out of our honeymoon phase - not that we aren't totally in love and enjoying marriage to the max - but we are starting to enter into the big decision part of life. Kids, house, blah. How do we best honor God with our money? Can I stay home with our kids when we have kids? When exactly should we have kids? Should we get different jobs? What do we really need in life? I feel extremely challenged after many conversations about money this week. Summer is often an awful time for me with regards to spending money. I'm home all day and shopping is one of my favorite things to do. I'm not ridiculous with my spending, but I know that I sure could do with a lot less stuff! Brian re-worked our budget this week based on a few changes in the past few months and now that I know where our money is going (who knew you'd spend so much on TP once you got married?) I want to see how little I can spend on things I can control. I guess I'm going to follow in the steps of my best friend and become a proud owner of a coupon organizer. :)

The challenge is on. At least for now, while I have plenty of time to find good deals and coupon clip!

1 comment:

hannah said...

We women just love to shop! :) I totally understand what you guys are dealing with. It's been hard for us, too. Even after 3 years, we're dealing with some of those same questions you guys are. I guess they never said marriage would be a breeze. :) Anyway, good luck with the budget!