Thursday, July 17, 2008

Ah...Summer

I must say, the best part of my job...summers off. The last three have been particularly wonderful, but I think one of the reasons it is so great is that most of my friends are also teachers and are home during the summer. So, here are some of my favorite things about summer (in no particular order).

1. Sleeping in
2. Staying up late
3. Not showering until AFTER lunch
4. Doing laundry during the week instead of 5 straight hours of it on Sunday
5. Grocery shopping without crowds when the rest of the world is working
6. Going to the Farmers Market
7. Random lunch dates/hangouts with friends during the week
8. NOT grading papers
9. Flip Flops
10. TOMATOES!
11. Taking naps
12. Occasionally feeling bored
13. Watching Jon and Kate Plus 8
14. The overall feeling of being relaxed all the time.

Ok. I think being a stay at home wife sounds like a great job. Too bad it doesn't pay a salary with benefits.

No comments: