Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Sick in Bed Birthday

Today is my 27th birthday. And, I'm sick. I'm not in bed, but if I could breathe laying down, I probably would be. Sick in Bed Birthday was one of my favorite books as a kid. It was about a little pig who stayed home from school sick on his birthday and was sure it would be the worst day ever. His birthday turned out to be okay, mine, on the other hand....eh. I don't have much of a voice, so teaching 3 classes was interesting. I had to blow my harmonica to get their attention because I couldn't yell "Escuchen!" - listen, in Spanish. My kids were pretty nice - lot of students told me "happy birthday" and one of them even made me a birthday card - which was just about the cutest thing ever. My friends at school brought me presents and I felt special. Brian is working and the weather is crappy. I couldn't go shopping our out to dinner with my mom. It may have to rank as one of the worst birthdays ever, but mostly because I feel so terrible.

In other news, we move in about a week and a half. I'm very excited to be done packing - although my sweet hubby has done most of it so far - and to be living in the house!

5 comments:

Mrs. H in Costa Rica 2023 said...

Awww I'm so sorry you're sick on your birthday...Not cool. But a new house is a great bday present!

Leah said...

Oh no!!! Being sick on your birthday officially sucks. I hope you are feeling better soon!!

Marie said...

I'm sorry sweetie!

nat said...

I'm so sorry that your b-day is icky! I hope that maybe something will make up for it in the next few days. How exciting about the house & moving in soon!!

Anonymous said...

Hope all gets better! Happy b-day!

This is just a reminder, the celebration has begun! Jeni's shower kicks off today with an awesome interview. Walk on over to Rena's at the beach and relax as we get to know Jeni even better. You can start by posting this link in your browser http://www.insertgracehere.com/2009/05/interview-with-a-friend-jeni-friend/comment-page-1/#comment-866, then remember to stop by my little café here: http://www.insertgracehere.com/2009/05/interview-with-a-friend-jeni-friend/comment-page-1/#comment-866 to join our linky party with your post and gifts.

If that's not enough, check here for more details: http://heresmycuplord.com/2009/05/01/its-your-day-jenifriend/

We truly do hope to see you there. The more the merrier, as we shower her with gifts!

Rena, Ginger, and all of her bloggyfriends!