Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Note to self...

I'm making a mental note to not mention that I'm any upcoming doctor visits to other teachers unless I am visably ill. Note conversation from my day:

ME: Hey Mr. D! How was your break?
MR. D: It was great, and yours?
ME: Fabulous - and very relaxing. Just so you know I won't see you at the end of class today because I'm going to the doctor. (I use his room for a class at the end of the day and I usually see him for a few minutes at the beginning and end of class - I was on my way out the door when I saw him)
MR. D: (serious stare about 6 inches from my face) Are you pregnant?
ME: Oh, dear, um, I hope not.
MR. D: So, are you?

Yeah. Keep info to myself...noted.

3 comments:

Mrs. H in Costa Rica 2023 said...

LOL why do people assume?

Amy said...

if it makes you feel any better, I got that the other day too...and I'm still single :)

Miss you girl! Where did you find your blog background? I love it!

Marie said...

That's ridiculous. You should have said "no it's for my hemmorhoids. They've really been acting up lately!" It only gets worse when you actually are pregnant. I am totally cool with friends asking questions (let's face it, I am an open book) but it does bother me when strangers ask those very personal questions.